ROSS HILL FAMILY SERIES 'JACK'S LOT' 2019 - SHIRAZ
|Origin:||Orange, NSW, Australia|
Medium ruby red
Raspberry, cherry, plum, liquorice, violets and pepper. Notes of chocolate and vanilla.
|Flavours:||Raspberry, cherry, plum, blackberry, liquorice, violets and pepper. Soft notes of chocolate, cedar and earthiness.|
Ross Hill are very proud of their medium weight shiraz, and rightly so! Packed full of red fruits; liquorice, plums, wood spices and violets. This wine is not built to be a blockbuster, but full of brightness, red fruit acidity, allows the just ripe fruit to speak of the cool climate. The winemaker has a produced a special wine.
- 100% Orange District from 5 different vineyards at various altitudes below 800 metres ASL
- Machine Picked and destemmed at the winery to closed fermenters
- Individual components fermented separately with cultured yeasts added and wine spent only 1 week on skins prior to being pressed off
- Wine finished MLF in tank prior to being barrelled down
- Wine put into 10% new French oak with the rest of the batch seeing neutral French oak
- 18 months in barrel prior to bottling