ROSS HILL PINNACLE SERIES 2019 - CABERNET SAUVINGNON
|Origin:||Orange, NSW, Australia|
Medium ruby red
Blackberry, plum, blueberry, cherry, raspberry and anise
|Flavours:||Blackberry, plum, cherry, raspberry and cassis. Oak, cedar, anise, leather and earthy notes.|
Deep ruby in the glass with a cassis and anise dominated nose and blue fruits on the pallet. A soft drying tannin structure and a great line of acid is well balanced with the use of fine French oak bringing some lovely cedar and spice notes. This wine is powerful, aromatic and densely layered.
- 100% Orange District from the Griffin Road Vineyard
- Hand Picked and wild fermented in 3 Tonne open fermenters with 100% Whole Berries
- 3 weeks on skins prior to pressing off to tank to finish malo prior going to barrel.
- 25% new oak and all of it was French
- Bottled after 18 months in barrel
17.5/20 points by Tamlyn Currin at JancisRobinson.com
"NHB. Unusually pale in colour for a Cab Sav. It also has an unusually delicate nose – very Cab: ripe capsicum, box leaf, cedar, cassis, but in soft-light diffusion. The palate has wonderful intensity of fruit, more dark red than dark, but, again, there is a striking finesse. The tannins slip across the wild-raspberry fruit like silk. Box-leaf and bay-leaf herbaceousness, serigraphed into the fruit. Tangible purity sounding flute-like on the long finish. I am very impressed." Tamlyn Currin, Jancisronbison.com